If you happen to be an Indian student seeking opportunities to study abroad, then you’ll be pleased to know that international scholarships for Indian students are available in Australia.
The University of Queensland is pleased to offer the India Global Leaders Scholarship. It is an exciting opportunity for high achieving students from India to further their studies in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics and Law.
Challenge yourself academically and develop the skills to thrive in constantly changing and competitive business environments. The scholarship offers valuable opportunities for internships, mentoring and industry engagement.
Provided By: The University of Queensland is a public research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane, Australia. Founded in 1909 by the state parliament, UQ is Australia’s fifth oldest university and is colloquially known as a sandstone university.
- Award Amount: $5,000 – $20,000 tuition fee scholarship
- Number of Awards: varies
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework
- Requirement: Must be citizens of India
- Submission Categories: Online
- Application Deadline: 30 April 2019
Who May Enter:
To eligible, you must meet all the following:
- Citizens of India, who normally reside in India and are not already undertaking any studies in Australia. Those studying English in Australia are still eligible to apply.
- Students who wish to commence their program at UQ in Semester 2, 2019
- Students must not simultaneously hold another scholarship
- Students who have received an unconditional offer for a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program and who are commencing students at UQ (the opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students, or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange).
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
- To participate, Lodge an official application online here for your chosen undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program. You must apply for your chosen degree program first before applying for the scholarship.
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the scholarship application closing date).
- Once you have received your offer, complete the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law International Scholarship Application Form online here.
- Please click here to view the Scholarship flyer.
You will be required to submit the following with your scholarship application:
- Personal/motivational statement
This statement should be no more than 1,000 words and address:
– The reasons for your interest in your chosen degree program, including why you wish to study this program at UQ
– Your personal goals and ambitions and evidence of any previous activities or experiences (including voluntary activities) which demonstrates your commitment to those goals and ambitions.
- One reference letter from teaching staff at your institution or from an employer, if available (in English). The academic reference letters should ideally rank your academic performance against your peer group.
The program will be awarded to citizens of India who undertake undergraduate or postgraduate coursework study in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics & Law (excluding the MBA program). Successful Global Leaders scholars will receive:
- $5,000 – $20,000 tuition fee scholarship. The final amount awarded to the successful applicants will be at the discretion of the selection committee.
- You will join an elite UQ Global Leaders community of high achievers throughout your studies, and simultaneously develop your employability skills through priority access to exciting programs on offer through our award-winning Student Employability Team. You will also receive exclusive invitations to selected ‘Invite only’ seminars, presentations, and events throughout your studies. Upon graduation, you will join a global network of outstanding Global Leaders scholarship alumni, and build upon your professional networks at home and abroad.
Please refer to the Scholarship Terms and Conditions here.
Contact Information: Ask to Faculty of Business, Economics & Law at email@example.com