Professional experience and a great place to live are just the beginning. Transform your major into an exciting career while living, working and learning with a Washington, D.C. internship.
The Washington Center is pleased to offer the Academic Internship Program for an undergrad understudy who is selected at a licensed school or college. They’ll give their understudies the direction and support to succeed.
The Washington Center additionally will furnish you with the learning and apparatuses you have to seek after your objectives and interface with amazing proficient systems. TWC considers late school graduates and understudies in ace’s dimension programs on a case-by-case premise.
- Award Amount: This is a paid temporary job program.
- Job/Position Title: Internship
- Location: USA
- Application Deadline: Internship application due date is in summer 2019 for Priority: February 20, 2019, or for Regular: March 13, 2019. (In fall 2019 for Priority April 17, 2019, and for Regular May 15, 2019.)
Who May Enter:
To be qualified to take part in this program, you should meet the accompanying criteria:
- Be no less than 18 years of age.
- Be enlisted as an undergrad understudy at an authorized school or university.*
- Be a sophomore or above while taking an interest in the program and have finished no less than two semesters on grounds by the beginning of our program.
- Keep up a review point normal (GPA) of in any event 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Get scholastic credit from your school or college for your support in the program (TWC does not concede credit).
- Have endorsement from your grounds contact (or staff support if there is no TWC contact on your grounds).
- Entry level position Open for International Students: Internship is accessible for understudies who are enlisted as an undergrad understudy at an authorized school or college.
- Your home institution may have additional eligibility requirements. Please contact your campus liaison before starting an application to TWC. If you need help identifying your campus liaison email email@example.com.
- TWC also considers recent college graduates and students in master’s level programs on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more
- The program is also open for Non-US students who have J-1 Visa
J-1 Visa Requirements: In order to obtain a J-1 Visa, you must be accepted into one of our programs and:
- Be enrolled in a foreign degree- or certificate-granting university outside the United States OR have graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to the program start date. Alternatively, you may have a degree or professional certificate from a foreign university and at least one year of work experience in your field.
- Know English well enough to perform successfully in the program.
- Plan to leave the United States within 30 days after completion of the program.
- Once you have been accepted into our program and placed at an internship site, The Washington Center will send you the DS-2019 and DS-7002 forms along with other important materials.
To apply, submit an online application at https://portal.e.twc.edu/
The most effective method to Apply:
- You have to present the accompanying records alongside your application:
- One-page Resume
- Articulation of Professional Interest (approx. 100 words)
- Issues Essay (approx. 500 words)
- Official Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- If you are attending school outside the U.S., you must also submit: Your TOEFL score, and Copy of your valid passport ID page
- Candidates must incorporate the application records from to finish the application procedure through the given connection: https://portal.e.twc.edu/
Note: TWC understudies repetitively make utilization of the connections that they created through their semester or summer in D.C. to enhance their professional prospects, and many are offered positions straightforwardly.
The internships are paid. While some students are offered internships that come with some sort of compensation (a small stipend, Metro fare, etc.), the vast majority of sites working with students in our Washington, D.C. Academic Internship Program provide unpaid positions. The Washington Center is an academic program, so you are welcome to explore the scholarships for which you may qualify.
As an intern, you will:
- You’ll work all day Monday through Thursday at your temporary position so you’re at work enough to do genuine significant work and feel like a piece of the group.
- Before you arrive, they’ll enable you to deal with temporary position choices and interface you with the ones that best fit your interests, aptitudes and expert objectives.
- At the point when temporary job offers come in (truly, you may get multiple), you pick the one it’s hard to believe, but it’s true for you.
- They work with in excess of 600 understudies have accomplices, so they have you secured.
The University of Reading is proud to announce the GIIDAE Scholarships for International Students 2019/20. There are multiple scholarships available for different country students.
The Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics (GIIDAE) now has £260,000 worth of Scholarship funding available for 2019-20 academic year to students worldwide.
GIIDAE Scholarships offer funding to assist students in their studies, as they pursue a variety of careers that encompass numerous global challenges.
GIIDAE scholarships offer funding to assist students in their studies, as they pursue a variety of careers that encompass numerous global challenges such as: food production, security, and health; sustainability of agro-ecosystems; climate change, animal welfare and behaviour; poverty alleviation; social development, international development; consumer behaviour and choice.
Provided By: The University of Reading is a public university and it has four major campuses both in the United Kingdom and internationally.
- Award Amount: £260,000
- Number of Awards: Multiple
- Study Level: Any
- Requirement: IELTS, TOEFL, CPE, TEEP
- Submission Categories: Online
- Application Deadline: April 23rd 2019 or May 7th 2019 (dependent on award)
Who May Enter:
- Nationalities: Be a national of Japan, China, Philippines, Indonesia, Maldives, North America, Latin America and the Caribbean, Nigeria, and Indian applicants are invited for this scholarship.These scholarships will consider applications of all eligible applicants.
- Degree level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the postgraduate program.
- Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered within the Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics (GIIDAE).
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Applicants are normally required to have a good undergraduate honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK).
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: The GIIDAE International Scholarship offers 5 x £3,000 scholarships in the form of a tuition reduction to any international fee-paying offer holder on any of the GIIDAE degrees.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (Japan): The GIIDAE International Scholarship: Japan recognises academic excellence and offers 5 x £1,000 merit-based scholarships in the form of a tuition reduction.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (Nigeria): The GIIDAE International Scholarship: Nigeria offers 10 x £1,500 scholarships to assist with tuition fees.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (Pakistan): The scholarship opportunity is provided to encourage exceptional students from Pakistan who are looking to pursue and further enhance their career in the field of international development and agricultural development from a top-ranked UK University.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (India): The scholarship offers a unique opportunity for future leaders and influences from India in the field of international development, agriculture and applied economics to pursue a course at a prestigious UK University.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (Indonesia): The GIIDAE International Scholarship: Indonesia offers 5 tuition awards for 11-week pre-sessional English courses. This Scholarship is designed to provide the practical support and learning opportunities to improve language skills prior to starting studies at Reading via our pre-sessional English program.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (South Korea): The GIIDAE International Scholarship: South Korea offers 2 x £2,000 scholarships in the form of tuition reduction. Given South Korea’s increasing importance as a donor of foreign aid, this Scholarship may be of particular interest to students wishing to study agricultural economics, food economics and marketing, or development finance.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (North America): The GIIDAE International Scholarship: North America offers 5 x £3,000 scholarships in the form of a tuition reduction, based on academic merit.
- GIIDAE UK/EU Scholarship: The GIIDAE UK/EU Scholarship offers 20 x £1,000 scholarships in the form of a tuition reduction, based on academic merit. This scholarship is designed to support postgraduate opportunities for UK/EU students who wish to pursue a career in the development sector.
To participate, participants can use the online registration through the online system:
Applicants whose previous education has not been predominantly in the English language are asked to provide evidence of their ability to study in English. The normal requirements are:
- British Council International – English Language Test Score (IELTS): 6.5
- Test of English as a Foreign Language – (TOEFL) (paper-based version): 570; (internet-based test): 88
- Cambridge UCLES Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): C
- Test of English for Educational Purposes (TEEP): 6.5
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Japan: £1,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: China: £1,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Philippines: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Indonesia: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Pakistan: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Maldives: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: North America: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Latin America and the Caribbean: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Nigeria: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: India: £3,000
- GIIDAE UK Scholarship: £1,000
- GIIDAE University of Reading Alumni Scholarship: £500
- GIIDAE – MSc Consumer Behaviour Scholarship: £1,500