Are you finding it difficult to start the conversation, or find the right words when communicating in English? Do you know how to start and end conversations in a polite way?
Do you want to communicate with a native speaker? Do you want to learn more about American, British, Canadian, Australian, South Korean, Colombian, and Chinese cultures? If so, you’ve come to the right course!
Learn how to express communicate in English and improve your conversational language skills. Let Chinese and foreign teachers and more than 50 friends from the United States, Britain, Ireland, Canada, Australia, and Colombia take you on a different English learning journey.
The most important function of language is communication. In communication, we need to know how to start a topic of interest to the other party, answer other people’s questions, and complete a dialogue naturally and smoothly.
- Length:8 Week
- Effort:2 to 4 hours per week
- Price: Free (Add a Verified Certificate for $49 USD)
- Institution: Tsinghua University
- Subject: communication
- Level: Introductory
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Course Start Date: Self-Peace
What you’ll learn
Enhance your learning experience via weekly interactive small-group sessions with a live mentor. In this course you will learn:
- Develop conversational English skills
- Listen to dialogues and group discussions to better understand spoken English and cultural norms
- Learn keywords and expressions
- Engage in activities to help you better understand the meaning of conversations
- Learn to initiate your own conversations in English on a variety of topics
This course selects 8 themes, with more than 50 teachers from the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Colombia, China, and students of all ages, in the real scene, using the most authentic expression and the purest English, Take you to talk about all aspects of daily life and learning.
The course is divided into eight modules, each with a theme, which are:
- Introduction and exchange of personal information
- Our family and friends
- Diet and meals
- The purpose and method of English learning
- Holiday activities and unforgettable experiences
- Emotional expression
- Stay healthy
Each topic consists of more than ten groups of dialogues and group discussions, foreign teachers’ introductions of Chinese and Western cultural differences, Chinese teachers’ key vocabulary, sentence pattern explanations, listening comprehension exercises, and oral tests.
Through study and practice, you will be able to talk freely with English-speaking friends and discuss any issues related to the topic. There are many ways to learn this course. English learners can continuously accumulate language materials during repeated listening and reading conversations, and conduct dialogue exercise with friends around you or with learners of the same course.
English teachers can use the appropriate topics in this course to organize students. I heard about training and organized efficient classrooms. Maybe you can’t understand the whole content of each conversation, just understand the general idea, as the course progresses, you will understand more and more content. Let us realize a leap in English listening and speaking.
Who Will Teach You?
- Wenxia Zhang: Professor, Foreign Languages and Literatures at Tsinghua University
- Fang Yang: Associate Professor, Foreign Languages and Literatures at Tsinghua University
- Glenn M. Davis: Glenn M. Davis has been working in the Department of Foreign Languages & Literatures at Tsinghua University since 2013, and currently teaches courses in oral communication, research paper writing, and foreign language acquisition.
- Thomas H. Piachaud: Thomas H. Piachaud worked in the Department of Foreign Languages & Literatures, Tsinghua University, over the course of three years.