Microsoft Corporation is delighted to announce an “Imagine Cup Global Competition”. It is a skill-based Microsoft’s premier international competition sponsored and hosted by Microsoft Corporation.
Dream it. Build it. Live it. The next big thing could come from you. Facebook and Twitter started as student projects. Your ideas could be next. The Imagine Cup is here to help you take the first steps. Imagine Cup is globally open for young developers and provide a chance to show off your biggest, boldest software solution. Code with purpose and show the world what you’ve got.
This global competition empowers the next generation of computer science students to team up and use their creativity, passion, and knowledge of technology to create applications that shape how we live, work and play.
This competition is the doorway to your success. If you can win here, you can win anywhere. Every year tens of thousands of students from across the globe compete for cash, travel, and prizes and for the honor of taking home the Imagine Cup!
Provided By: Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. At Microsoft, their mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
- Award Amount: Up to $100,000 (US)
- Number of Awards: Multiple
- Study level: Any
- Requirement: 16 years of age as of 24 October 2018
- Application Deadline: Register now to stay tuned for updates on the 2020 Imagine Cup competition!
Who May Enter:
- All students around the world
- Applicants at least 16 years of age as of 24 October 2018 and are actively enrolled as a student at an accredited educational institution that grants high-school or college/university (or equivalent) degrees (including home schools) at any time between 24 October 2018 and 31 May 2019.
- Up to three (3), eligible students may submit a single entry as a team. Team members may come from different academic institutions and from different countries
- If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Competition.
- You are not a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and the Region of Crimea; and U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and the Region of Crimea. Therefore, residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are not an employee or intern of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, at any time between 24 October 2017 and 31 July 2018
- You are not involved in any part of the execution or administration of this Competition
- Microsoft Imagine is available to millions of students around the world. If you are currently enrolled in courses at an accredited institution, you are eligible to download software for free with Microsoft Imagine at no charge.
Register now and start your 2018 Imagine Cup journey! To participate, participants can use the online registration online system and create an account to participate in the competition at: https://imagine.microsoft.com/en-us/Category/register/11
Note: If you have already registered, visit your Account page for additional details on your country’s National Finals. https://imagine.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard
- All Projects must be developed to require Microsoft Azure. Azure is required for all projects (Get Azure for Students or Azure Free Account)
- You may also use other Microsoft platforms such as Visual Studio, Kinect for Windows SDK, .NET Framework, XNA, Bing maps API, etc., as well as third-party game engines, libraries, and middleware provided you obey their licenses, but none of these are required.
- As a student, you can obtain free tools, software, and services at Microsoft Imagine.
- In addition, all entries must meet the following requirements for the Live Presentation, Project Proposal, Software, and Software.
- 2018 Imagine Cup Official Rules & Regulations
- A full list of all winners will be published within 30 days following the 2018 Worldwide Finals.
Whatever your innovation, you can make an impact and win big – like, $100,000 big – with Imagine Cup. With prizing that includes mentorship opportunities with industry leaders, an Azure grant, and cash, Imagine Cup can help you take your project to the next level.
- The first place team can win up to $100,000
- The second place team can win up to $20,000
- New Imagine Cup Awards! $15,000 for the best Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and Mixed Reality projects
Full Detail of Awards:
Have any questions? You may contact at imagine[@]microsoft.com.