Do you want to study abroad as an Indian student? Get financial support to start your academic journey in any foreign country.
Education Future International Scholarship 2020 is available to the meritorious Indian students for studying abroad at any of the top worldwide universities.
All students from India going to apply for an undergraduate and master’s program in any global recognize university or college, are eligible to apply.
Who May Enter:
The scholarship is a merit-based program is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate course overseas in any study subjects. To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Applicant should be an Indian national with a valid Indian passport
- The applicant should have a minimum scored of 60% in 10th and 12th.
- Applicants should reflect that they lack means of self-funding their education abroad. Hence, the applicant should be planning to fund himself at least 50% through an education loan.
- The applicant should be going to pursue any undergraduate (UG) or postgraduate (PG) course overseas to a recognized university/college outside India.
- The course start date of the applicant should not be later than 31 October 2020.
To participate, participants need to fill an online application form for the Education Future International Award.
The Education Future will offer various awards that depend on the quality of applications they receive. The value of each grant ranges between 2 Lacs to 10 Lacs Indian rupees. It is a unique position fund that not available for studying in India.
Deadline: 15th March 2020
The University of Reading is proud to announce the GIIDAE Scholarships for International Students 2019/20. There are multiple scholarships available for different country students.
The Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics (GIIDAE) now has £260,000 worth of Scholarship funding available for 2019-20 academic year to students worldwide.
GIIDAE Scholarships offer funding to assist students in their studies, as they pursue a variety of careers that encompass numerous global challenges.
GIIDAE scholarships offer funding to assist students in their studies, as they pursue a variety of careers that encompass numerous global challenges such as: food production, security, and health; sustainability of agro-ecosystems; climate change, animal welfare and behaviour; poverty alleviation; social development, international development; consumer behaviour and choice.
Provided By: The University of Reading is a public university and it has four major campuses both in the United Kingdom and internationally.
- Award Amount: £260,000
- Number of Awards: Multiple
- Study Level: Any
- Requirement: IELTS, TOEFL, CPE, TEEP
- Submission Categories: Online
- Application Deadline: April 23rd 2019 or May 7th 2019 (dependent on award)
Who May Enter:
- Nationalities: Be a national of Japan, China, Philippines, Indonesia, Maldives, North America, Latin America and the Caribbean, Nigeria, and Indian applicants are invited for this scholarship.These scholarships will consider applications of all eligible applicants.
- Degree level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the postgraduate program.
- Field of Study: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered within the Graduate Institute of International Development, Agriculture and Economics (GIIDAE).
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Applicants are normally required to have a good undergraduate honours degree (or equivalent from a university outside the UK).
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: The GIIDAE International Scholarship offers 5 x £3,000 scholarships in the form of a tuition reduction to any international fee-paying offer holder on any of the GIIDAE degrees.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (Japan): The GIIDAE International Scholarship: Japan recognises academic excellence and offers 5 x £1,000 merit-based scholarships in the form of a tuition reduction.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (Nigeria): The GIIDAE International Scholarship: Nigeria offers 10 x £1,500 scholarships to assist with tuition fees.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (Pakistan): The scholarship opportunity is provided to encourage exceptional students from Pakistan who are looking to pursue and further enhance their career in the field of international development and agricultural development from a top-ranked UK University.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (India): The scholarship offers a unique opportunity for future leaders and influences from India in the field of international development, agriculture and applied economics to pursue a course at a prestigious UK University.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (Indonesia): The GIIDAE International Scholarship: Indonesia offers 5 tuition awards for 11-week pre-sessional English courses. This Scholarship is designed to provide the practical support and learning opportunities to improve language skills prior to starting studies at Reading via our pre-sessional English program.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (South Korea): The GIIDAE International Scholarship: South Korea offers 2 x £2,000 scholarships in the form of tuition reduction. Given South Korea’s increasing importance as a donor of foreign aid, this Scholarship may be of particular interest to students wishing to study agricultural economics, food economics and marketing, or development finance.
- GIIDAE International Scholarship (North America): The GIIDAE International Scholarship: North America offers 5 x £3,000 scholarships in the form of a tuition reduction, based on academic merit.
- GIIDAE UK/EU Scholarship: The GIIDAE UK/EU Scholarship offers 20 x £1,000 scholarships in the form of a tuition reduction, based on academic merit. This scholarship is designed to support postgraduate opportunities for UK/EU students who wish to pursue a career in the development sector.
To participate, participants can use the online registration through the online system:
Applicants whose previous education has not been predominantly in the English language are asked to provide evidence of their ability to study in English. The normal requirements are:
- British Council International – English Language Test Score (IELTS): 6.5
- Test of English as a Foreign Language – (TOEFL) (paper-based version): 570; (internet-based test): 88
- Cambridge UCLES Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): C
- Test of English for Educational Purposes (TEEP): 6.5
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Japan: £1,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: China: £1,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Philippines: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Indonesia: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Pakistan: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Maldives: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: North America: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Latin America and the Caribbean: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: Nigeria: £3,000
- GIIDAE International Scholarship: India: £3,000
- GIIDAE UK Scholarship: £1,000
- GIIDAE University of Reading Alumni Scholarship: £500
- GIIDAE – MSc Consumer Behaviour Scholarship: £1,500
If you happen to be an Indian student seeking opportunities to study abroad, then you’ll be pleased to know that international scholarships for Indian students are available in Australia.
The University of Queensland is pleased to offer the India Global Leaders Scholarship. It is an exciting opportunity for high achieving students from India to further their studies in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics and Law.
Challenge yourself academically and develop the skills to thrive in constantly changing and competitive business environments. The scholarship offers valuable opportunities for internships, mentoring and industry engagement.
Provided By: The University of Queensland is a public research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane, Australia. Founded in 1909 by the state parliament, UQ is Australia’s fifth oldest university and is colloquially known as a sandstone university.
- Award Amount: $5,000 – $20,000 tuition fee scholarship
- Number of Awards: varies
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework
- Requirement: Must be citizens of India
- Submission Categories: Online
- Application Deadline: 30 April 2019
Who May Enter:
To eligible, you must meet all the following:
- Citizens of India, who normally reside in India and are not already undertaking any studies in Australia. Those studying English in Australia are still eligible to apply.
- Students who wish to commence their program at UQ in Semester 2, 2019
- Students must not simultaneously hold another scholarship
- Students who have received an unconditional offer for a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program and who are commencing students at UQ (the opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students, or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange).
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
- To participate, Lodge an official application online here for your chosen undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program. You must apply for your chosen degree program first before applying for the scholarship.
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the scholarship application closing date).
- Once you have received your offer, complete the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law International Scholarship Application Form online here.
- Please click here to view the Scholarship flyer.
You will be required to submit the following with your scholarship application:
- Personal/motivational statement
This statement should be no more than 1,000 words and address:
– The reasons for your interest in your chosen degree program, including why you wish to study this program at UQ
– Your personal goals and ambitions and evidence of any previous activities or experiences (including voluntary activities) which demonstrates your commitment to those goals and ambitions.
- One reference letter from teaching staff at your institution or from an employer, if available (in English). The academic reference letters should ideally rank your academic performance against your peer group.
The program will be awarded to citizens of India who undertake undergraduate or postgraduate coursework study in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics & Law (excluding the MBA program). Successful Global Leaders scholars will receive:
- $5,000 – $20,000 tuition fee scholarship. The final amount awarded to the successful applicants will be at the discretion of the selection committee.
- You will join an elite UQ Global Leaders community of high achievers throughout your studies, and simultaneously develop your employability skills through priority access to exciting programs on offer through our award-winning Student Employability Team. You will also receive exclusive invitations to selected ‘Invite only’ seminars, presentations, and events throughout your studies. Upon graduation, you will join a global network of outstanding Global Leaders scholarship alumni, and build upon your professional networks at home and abroad.
Please refer to the Scholarship Terms and Conditions here.
Contact Information: Ask to Faculty of Business, Economics & Law at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India is pleased to offer multiple scholarships for Indian students. These annual scholarships are part-cost awards for undergraduate, second undergraduate, graduate study and research in any subject available at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford, UK.
The program is open to students who are citizen of India and not more than 30 years of age on 1 September of the year of application, and must be graduates from an Indian university, school/high school/junior college.
Provided By: The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) is a not-for-profit alumni organisation based in New Delhi, India.
- Award Amount: INR 300,000
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Study Level: Any
- Requirement: Must be an Indian
- Application Deadline: 15 May 2019
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed in New Delhi in July 2019.
Who May Enter:
Applicants must also meet the following criterion in order to be eligible for the scholarships:
- Must be a citizen of India
- Must be ordinarily resident in India
- Must be not more than 30 years of age on 1 September of the year of application for the award
- For a post-graduate course or a second undergraduate course, must be a graduate of an Indian university (applicants who are expected to graduate in the year of the award are also eligible to apply for the awards). For a first undergraduate course, must be a graduate from an Indian school/high school/junior college.
- Must have applied for and secured admission to study a full-time course at the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford. Candidates are required to present proof of admission before grant of the scholarship, and proof of having taking up residence at Cambridge or Oxford before the scholarships funds would be released.
- Must intend to pursue a course of study that is one of the following:
- Research leading to the PhD degree
- One-year post-graduate courses (e.g. MPhil, LLM, Diploma, CASM or Part III Maths, MBA, PGCE etc.)
- Taught and research based Masters programmes of various durations (including M. Sc., engineering, medicine)
- Second Bachelors degree as an Affiliated Student/Senior Status
- Bachelors degree programme
- Must be admitted to the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford through the University’s normal academic procedures. OCSI cannot admit students or assist in this process.
- The scholarships offered by OCSI are Equal Opportunity, i.e. the decisions made in awarding these scholarships are not based on race, colour, religion, disability, age (except for maximum age criterion), sex or ancestry.
- Relatives of the Executive Committee of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India are not eligible for consideration for these scholarships.
To participate, participants must download the application form and return a scanned copy of the completed form by email to the Chair of the Scholarships Committee, The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India at the email ID: email@example.com
All applicants will automatically be considered for these scholarships as well as for any other grants that may become available from time to time.
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India has been offering scholarships every year, but these are dependent on the annual generosity of a few donors. Generally available for any subject/course/field of study available at the two universities (University of Cambridge and University of Oxford)
What can an OCSI scholar expect to receive?
- Financial award of scholarship (as given above and will vary from year to year)
- Letter of support from OCSI for other scholarship awarding bodies
- Assistance with obtaining a fast-tracked education loan from an Indian financial institution, based on OCSI scholarship letter, with automatic loan qualification status from a leading financial institution.
- Complimentary life membership of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
- Mentoring, whereby a member of OCSI shall play the role of a mentor and will support the OCSI scholar during his/her stay at Oxford/Cambridge by giving appropriate guidance to the awardee. It shall be the endeavor of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India to identify a mentor who shares some interests with the OCSI scholar.
- Assistance from OCSI in returning to India and reintegrating in the professional environment of India.
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India is offering scholarships for admission to Oxbridge in the academic year 2019-20, as below:
- OCSI scholarship(s) worth INR 300,000 (Rupees Three Lacs only) tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) tenable only at Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge, from Emamanuel College Cambridge (India) Trust.
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) tenable only at St. Hilda’s College, Oxford, from Ritika Dhamija
For any queries about the OCSI scholarships, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are open for the Sir Ratan Tata Post-doctoral Fellowship at the London School of Economics & Political Science (LSE) in partnership with the Sir Ratan Tata Trust. The program is open to all candidates residing in South Asia, that is, the SAARC region.
The fellowship is for a period of six months during each academic year, based at the LSE India Observatory. The Fellow is expected to finish a research paper of publishable quality during their stay and make a presentation at a seminar arranged by the India Observatory.
The Fellow is expected to engage in social science research broadly on the Economy and Society in India and South Asia with a particular focus on any of the following themes, such that it is integrated with the ongoing research of the India Observatory:
- Sustainable growth and inclusion
- Climate change and environmental sustainability
- Social and human security
- Governance and democracy
Provided By: The India Observatory (IO) at the London School of Economics is involved in evidence based research and a strong public policy engagement in and with India and beyond.
- Award Amount: Up to £1,750 a month
- Number of Awards: varies
- Study level: Post-doctoral
- Application Deadline: Monday 29th April 2019.
- Winner Announcement: The candidate will be informed of the decision by the end of July 2019.
Who May Enter:
- Applicants should have been awarded their PhD – the fellowship is not intended for students registered for a degree or diploma, nor is it intended for senior academics.
- Applicants should be early career researchers working on social science with a focus on South Asia. Applicants should be employed with established institutions in the SAARC region which includes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- The Fellowship is open to candidates residing in South Asia, that is, the SAARC region.
To participate, applications should be addressed to: The Fellowships Selection Committee, India Observatory, London School of Economics & Political Science, Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, UK, and submitted by email as a Word or PDF document to India. Observatory@lse.ac.uk.
The selected candidate should have secured all data and any material required for the research prior to their visit to LSE.
Applications should include:
- a cover letter of no more than one page;
- a curriculum vitae of no more than three pages;
- an outline of proposed research (including detailed methodology and time line) of no more than three pages;
- and the names and addresses of two referees, familiar with their research, to be contacted by the Committee.
- The Fellow will receive a monthly subsistence allowance of up to £1,750 a month, and will also be provided with shared work space and access to research facilities at the School.
- Assistance will also be provided towards the cost of travel and related expenses.
- No additional grant is available for fieldwork or any other costs.
Do you want to make a difference in the development of your home country? The University is pleased to announce the Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships. Founded in 2001, Developing Solutions is the University of Nottingham’s flagship international scholarship programme for postgraduate masters courses.
The masters’ scholarships are open to all students who are a national of (or permanently domiciled in) Africa, India, or one of the countries of the Commonwealth. Applicants must hold an offer to start a full-time masters degree programme (excluding MRes), at Nottingham for September 2019.
Provided By: The University of Nottingham is a pioneering university that provides an exceptional research-led education (TEF Gold), and an outstanding student experience. It is a public research university in Nottingham, United Kingdom.
- Award Amount: Scholarships are available for 2019 entry: 100% tuition fee, and 50% of tuition fees *
- Number of Awards: Number of award numbers to be confirmed.
- Study Level: Masters
- Requirement: Must be a national of (or permanently domiciled in) Africa, India, OR one of the countries of the Commonwealth
- Submission Categories: Online
- Application Deadline: 22 March 2019.
Who May Enter:
You can apply for this scholarship if you:
- Are a national of (or permanently domiciled in) Africa, India, or one of the countries of the Commonwealth listed as – Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Montserrat, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
- Priority is given to candidates who have not previously studied outside of their home country. Students currently studying in the UK are not eligible to apply.
- Are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes and
- Have not already studied outside of your home country
- Are not currently studying at a University of Nottingham campus or are not a University of Nottingham graduate
- Hold an offer to start a full-time masters degree programme (excluding MRes), at Nottingham for September 2019 in an area of study within the (click each link below to see which faculty your school/department is in):
- Faculty of Engineering,
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences,
- Faculty of Science,
- Faculty of Social Sciences
In order to apply for an International Student Recruitment scholarship, you must have a confirmed offer of a place to study here that falls within the relevant academic year.
Once you have received an offer to study, you can apply for scholarships by logging into your MyNottingham account and clicking on the ‘Finance’ tab.
- Applications should be made via the scholarships section of MyNottingham. Click here to log in once you have received an offer to study in 2019.
Scholarships are available for 2019 entry:
- 100% tuition fee, and
- 50% of tuition fees *